If you belong to the Sierra Club and live in one of the nine counties in the southwest corner of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula, you’re an important member of the SouthWest Michigan Group of the Sierra Club’s Michigan Chapter.
The Sierra Club’s motto is Explore, Enjoy, and Protect the Planet.
Recent Sierra Club SouthWest Michigan Group and Michigan Chapter work
- Sierra Club Michigan Chapter called for a statewide fracking ban. Get more details on our Michigan Fracking Ban page. See the Chapter’s news release.
- Bill Strong organized a tree planting that gave the Black River Preserve 200 new oaks and hickories.
- Charlie Stefanac and Bruce Brown joined the St. Joseph Social Justice Coalition’s Interfaith Blessing of the Earth and made a brief Sierra Club presentation on Earth Day.
- David Peterson has a plan for getting kids involved with nature.
- Mary Colborn is working and teaching on the farm.
- Jim Ferner is working on Kalamazoo traffic issues.
- SouthWest Michigan Group contingent attended the Portage Green-A-Thon.
- Charlie Stefanac organized a presentation about John Muir at the Kalamazoo Nature Center.
More SWMG activities coming, including YOURS. Send us a contact form and tell us what you’re up to.
Check out Sierra Club SouthWest Michigan Group blogs:
- A challenge from the Northeast Ohio Group: Get with the Meatless Mondays program!
- New post by Sum1Else: Mayday PAC failed, plan B looks weak. An idea and a challenge.
- The Michigan Voice has generously agreed to share Craig Brainard’s blog with us. Check out The Fracking Linkletter © every week.
- Sum1Else has a message for us from Adam Smith, author of The Wealth of Nations.
- Bruce Brown offers the final installment of his three-part series on This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs the Climate by Naomi Klein.
More SWMG blogs coming, including YOURS.
Something’s on your mind. Sign up and start blogging.
Check out all our blogs. Add your comments.